What happens when Paleolithic-type diets are put to the test?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
I’ve reported previously on the disappointing results: Paleo Diets May Negate Benefits of Exercise (
The underlying philosophy behind “caveman” diets may be flawed in the first place:
• The Problem with the Paleo Diet Argument (
• Lead Contamination in Bone Broth (
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (
• Lose Two Pounds in One Sitting: Taking Mioscenic Route (
• Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces (
So, What’s the Natural Human Diet? ( Watch the video!
The wild game video I mentioned is Modern Meat Not Ahead of the Game ( Kangaroo is kind of the Australian version of venison. Note: it matters how the animals are killed as well: Filled Full of Lead (
And more on the musical fruit in:
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (
• Slow Your Beating Heart: Beans vs. Exercise (
• The Hispanic Paradox: Why do Latinos Live Longer?(
• Gut Dysbiosis Starving Our Microbial Self (
• Beans and Gas: Clearing the Air (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• HOW NOT TO DIE: