This is an Atkins recipe that’s very low carb, easy to make, and delicious – my favourite trio!
• 2¼ ounces (64g) canned diced green chilies
• 1 tsp. vegetable oil
• 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
• 14 ounces (400g) pork chops (about 3)
• ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ cup salsa
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper to season. Heat non-stick pan with oil on medium-high heat. Sear pork chops until lightly browned (at least 2 minutes per side).
2. Mix together in a bowl the cumin, salsa and chilies. Put mixture on the pork chops and simmer meat for another 5 minutes covered on low heat.
3. Combine cheeses in a separate bowl. Put cheese mixture on top of each pork chop and continue to cook until the cheese starts to melt, or for about 1 minute more.
From the Fast Atkins Diet Recipe book. Servings: 3. Per serve: 357 calories, 28.1g fat, 11.9g sat fat, 89mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 3.1g total carbs, 0.8g fibre, (2.3g net carbs) and 22.2g protein.